Sonoma County Health At Every Size®

Healthy is a Lifestyle, Not a Body Size!

Forum / Endorse HAES Here

Forum Home > Please endorse the Health At Every Size® Principles here > Your name, title or credential, organization/employer (especially if you work in a health field), and city or county.

SoCoHAES®
Site Owner

The Health At Every Size(sm) Principles, from the Association for Size Diversity and Health:

1. Accepting and respecting the diversity of body shapes and sizes.

2. Recognizing that health and well-being are multi-dimensional and that they include

physical, social, spiritual, occupational, emotional, and intellectual aspects.

3. Promoting all aspects of health and well-being for people of all sizes.

4. Promoting eating in a manner which balances individual nutritional needs, hunger,

satiety, appetite, and pleasure.

5. Promoting individually appropriate, enjoyable, life-enhancing physical activity, rather

than exercise that is focused on a goal of weight loss.

December 9, 2011 at 11:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

SoCoHAES®
Site Owner

Signed, Alice Linn, founder, Sonoma County Health At Every Size.

December 9, 2011 at 11:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

KellyBliss

Signed:  Kelly Bliss M.Ed., A.C.E., Psychotherapist and Fitness Professional, Owner of www.PlusSizeYellowPages.com, Author of Don't Weight, Eat Healthy and Get Moving NOW!, Producer of 12 plus size workouts entitled:  Fitness with Bliss www.KellyBliss.com

February 23, 2012 at 11:45 AM Flag Quote & Reply

ltbinks

Lizbeth Binks, Ph.D. - clinical psychologist in private practice for over 30 years in Baltimore, MD, specializing in PTSD, trauma, stress and abuse.  I practice HAES with myself and espouse it with my clients.

February 23, 2012 at 4:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

DSmeltzer

I absolutely endorse the HAES™ principles! They embody a sane, safe and peaceful approach to health and fitness for ALL people (irrespective of size).

Doris Smeltzer, MA, President
Andrea's Voice Foundation
Napa, CA

June 25, 2012 at 9:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SoCoHAES®
Site Owner

The Sonoma County Commission on the Status of Women has officially endorsed ASDAH's "Health At Every Size(r) Principles," granting permission to SoCoHAES to list the Commission's name here and in print materials as an endorsee of the Principles.

Much thanks to all on the Commission for your endorsement, and to Laurie Marincik, Commission Staff Assistant, for all of your hard work on this, on behalf of the health and well-being of women and girls in Sonoma County (and beyond.)

- Alice Linn

June 27, 2012 at 7:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SoCoHAES®
Site Owner

Cindy gave me permission to post her bio and endorsement of the HAES Principles here:

"I was born and raised in Sonoma County and love it here. I have worked for the County of Sonoma for 21 years, am a Commissioner on the Sonoma County Commission on the Status of Women, have 3 adult children and 4 beautiful grandchildren.

I support Health at Every Size and the principles--I am a recovered bulimic and know how difficult it is to be happy at any size. I still struggle with body image and find it difficult to step on a scale--which every doctor visit insists we must do even though I tell them it creates anxiety and panic for me. I have two granddaughters and two grandsons and I want them to grow up being happy with who they are at any size. I am happy to endorse this site!"

July 12, 2012 at 11:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.