Joined Aug 26 2011
63 years old
I support the five principles of HAES℠:
1. Accepting and respecting the diversity of body shapes and sizes.
2. Recognizing that health and well-being are multi-dimensional and that they include physical, social, spiritual, occupational, emotional, and intellectual aspects.
3. Promoting all aspects of health and well-being for people of all sizes.
4. Promoting eating in a manner which balances individual nutritional needs, hunger, satiety, appetite, and pleasure.
5. Promoting individually appropriate, enjoyable, life-enhancing physical activity, rather than exercise that is focused on a goal of weight loss.
I help people of all sizes build healthy lifestyles, INDEPENDENT OF WEIGHT.
http://www.PlusSizeYellowPages.com for THOUSANDS of resources.
http://www.KellyBliss.com for Lifestyle Coaching, plus size fitness, & Health At Every Size® !
Here is an excerpt from my book Don't Weight that tells about the author:
The headline of the article about me read: “From Vegetable to Dynamo”. Why would they talk about me that way? Sure, I was in a car accident in 1991, resulting in a head injury causing me to sleep 20-22 hrs a day. Yes, I had to learn how to talk and how to think all over again (fascinating!). I was not a vegetable. I was healing, thinking, planning, and figuring out HOW to continue to be ME, even with the head trauma. I was a dynamo that just looked like a vegetable!
I thought the headline should have read: “While She Was Sleeping”, because that is when I decided to mortgage my home to pay for launching my web sites www.plussizeyellowpages.com and www.KellyBliss.com.
The internet, video, and books would let me reach people even if I was coping with uncontrolled epilepsy. Over time as I focus on my own healing, I also produced twelve workouts called Fitness with Bliss™. I designed Healthy Eating with Bliss™, Lifestyle Coaching, and wrote - Don't Weight, Eat Healthy and Get Moving NOW! My next book was a print version of my directory Plus Size Yellow Pages - THOUSANDS of Resources for living large in a small world.
While I was sleeping is when I figured out how to keep being my best self and contributing, even if I have many seizures a day.
I have given over my life to bring the message of Health for ALL Sizes to the people who need it. My work with larg