ASDAH Health At Every Size®Principles*
1. Accepting and respecting the diversity of body shapes and sizes.
2. Recognizing that health and well-being are multi-dimensional and that they include
physical, social, spiritual, occupational, emotional, and intellectual aspects.
3. Promoting all aspects of health and well-being for people of all sizes.
4. Promoting eating in a manner which balances individual nutritional needs, hunger,
satiety, appetite, and pleasure.
5. Promoting individually appropriate, enjoyable, life-enhancing physical activity, rather
than exercise that is focused on a goal of weight loss.
If you agree with these principles, please endorse them on the Forum page to show your support for them to Sonoma County health care providers and public health officials.
* Principles developed by the Association for Size Diversity and Health (ASDAH), "an international professional organization composed of individual members who are committed to the Health At Every Size® (HAESSM) principles." The ASDAH mission is "to promote education, research, and the provision of services which enhance health and well-being, and which are free from weight-based assumptions and weight discrimination."
Please visit the ASDAH site from our "Library of Links" page.